Looking for information about
[ On-line help | Values | Contact us ]
antique prints, maps or related books?
We love antique prints and maps and are delighted to share our enthusiasm and knowledge with those interested in these wonderful artifacts. However, as we are but a small shop trying to stay in business, there are professional and practical limits on how much time we can spend offering free advice. Therefore, we have tried to set up as much on-line help as possible for those seeking information about antique prints, maps and related books. If you follow the links below, you may find the answers to your questions, so please try this before contacting us directly.
We have tried to provide means for those with questions about antique prints, maps or related books to find answers on-line. Please try the following links first, before contacting us directly.
If you have looked on-line and still cannot find the answers to your questions, you are welcome to contact us directly.
- Reference Library
- Our on-line reference library contains much information on antique prints and maps and is available for everyone's use.
- We try to include useful information about the items listed in our on-line gallery. If you can find similar items to those you have questions about, you might find your answers here.
- Our links page lists many sites filled with information on antique prints, maps and related books
If you are seeking a value for a print/map/book, there are several ways in which you can proceed:
- Look on-line
- If you browse our on-line gallery, you may be able to find similar items to that you are seeking a value for. Though issues of state, edition, condition, etc. do affect values, this method can provide a general ball-park value for the item in question.
- Reference books
- There are quite a number of price guides for antique prints, maps and related books. These are based on dealer and auction prices. A good city or university library is likely to have one or two of these. Doing your own research may provide the information you are seeking.
If you have looked on-line and still cannot find the answers you seek, we are happy to have you contact us directly. We will answer every query we get, but as we get hundreds of questions a month, it may take some time before we can respond. Please be patient. Note: do not send digital images via e-mail unless requested to do so.
You may send us an e-mail enquiry or contact us by phone, fax or mail. Please be as detailed and clear as you can when asking your question to avoid our having to write back for further information and so that we can answer your question to the point.
- Free help
- We are happy to provide, at no charge, any information which we can give you "off-the-cuff," that is, without having to do any research.
- If we have to do any research to provide an answer, we must charge for our time at a rate of $175 per hour. We are a small business and cannot afford to spend the time needed to do research without charging.
To contact us; call, write, fax or e-mail to:
For further information, please contact:
106 E. Lancaster Avenue, Lower Level
Wayne, PA 19087 USA
©The Philadelphia Print Shop, 2021